Thursday, March 26, 2009

I am 23 years old

Tuesday, my birthday I took the day off because it was my birthday and because I had worked Saturday and Sunday.
-I worked Saturday because now I am opening the library and computer lab on saturdays and trying to start a small reading program with some of the younger students, and Saturday might be about the only option... I think the reading could develop into a really good thing, but as seems usual hear, good ideas and plans just seem to constantly get swamped by other events. Sunday I had to prepare for a MCC team meeting that will be here-

anyways, I was sleeping soundly when suddenly I was startled by the brazen sound of an accordian. I jumped out of bed and looked out my window, but only saw a new fire wood stack. I ran to the door and what did I find, a small mariachi band serenading me! It was awesome. The sang a few songs, I stood there in just my shorts before grabbing a blanket unsure of what to do. It was great, 5 members from the church band, including the pastor came to my house at five in the morning to start off my birthday right. they sang, we ate tomales and cake, the pastor said a prayer and read some scriptire and we just generally had a good old time. I felt very special and am very greatful to my family and band members for doing that for me. Sorry that sentence is so dull, I am trying to write as fast as I can...

In the afternoon me and some friends went to missionaries Galan and Phillis Groff{s house and made bread. WHICH WE ATE WITH MY FAVORITE JAM FROM MAILED FROM REEDLEY, straight from the Paul and Ruth Buxman{s farm, "just fruit and sugar" or something like that. It was deliecious. On top of the plum and peach jam selections, we had a fruit salad of mango{s, pineapple, and watermelon... delicious.

then at around 11 30 pm I think, I received a call from my house. This was no normal call from my home however. It so happens that the BC concert choir sang in Reedley that night and my parents took in for the night Jenny, Kyle Unruh, and Evan Fast (the later two are former roomates and if you don{t know the first, well, peddle a little faster (as my dad would say)).

using parenthesis within parenthesis makes me happy. If you are alllowed to do it in Math, I think you should be able to in English also.

ok, that{s all.
Jordan

3 comments:

Joseph said...

bro-
sounds like a nice birthday surprise in the morning. And I like the logic of applying mathematical syntax to written English. I'm afraid though that this may inhibit our succinctness and encourage run-on sentences. Perhaps it just gives clarity and structure to run-on sentences.
You might be interested to know that every now and then from your blog I follow the link to "Dani-feed" and enjoy reading about healthy eating.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Jordan, on reaching twenty-three. WE were happy to have the aforementioned threesome in our house for the night. They reported in the morning on their long two hour vigil with you on the phone. They were getting tired by the end but you, however, seemed to remain strong. They left us a nice note and an Open Road cd. This is much appreciated. They also wrote a kind note. Mom said that Jenny wrote the note. I questioned how she knew. She said it was obvious, just look at the handwriting. Upon further scrutiny, I think she is right.

Rosabethbk said...

happy bday, jordan!