Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I feel like blogging

Why do I feel like blogging. Is it because I really, deeply, feel the need to keep however few of you actually read this thing informed. Is it because I like this keyboard in which I can{t find the question mark (no). Is it because I just need to journal. Is it because I had a very boring job today at work and need to do something moderately creative. Is it because there are so many new and excting things to talk about. Probably some of all of these, but its anyones guess.

sorry family Dodger fans.

A couple more things I really like about where I live
two pieces of sweet bread- about 14 american cents
6 small bannanas- about 14 american cents}
Ermelindo- the cute little boy who lives with me, gives me high fives and sometimes falls asleep on my lap.
Toullos-like corn tortillas with beans cooked right inside- about 20 cents, though I think I was given a little gringo tax on that one. delicious though.
also, fried bannanas which I need to eat more.

actually, food might be one of the mroe difficult things for me here. There are lots of great snacks, but I need to get mroe accostomed to the main meals, which still arent{ qutie doing it for me. But as my sicknesses get further behind me, I think likeing the food more is coming too.

RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD


and I mean that only in the literal sense. It is raining a lot here and some places are flooded. I went to teh one tourist spot in Carcha yesterday and was amazed at all the flooding. I could see the top two steps of a slide... it was sitting in the middle of a raging river. I guess the attraction is ually calm, pristine pools where one can lounge and hace picnics, not right now. All the rain can be kind of depressing, but right now, I am used to it. I would like to see the sun though.

Man, there was so much more I thought about writing as I sat at a desk codifiying all the furniture in the office and everynow and then laughing out loud when I thought of an episode of The Office or George in one of his office work situations.

but I need to get home, because dinner is probably already ready, and it is probably dark outside already too.

Jordan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jordan, I am always delighted to see your blog, especially when there is something new, though I don't mind reading the old ones again. I'm glad to learn that your appetite is slowly returning and that you are enjoying some of the local delights. Today I was at a RHS JV water polo match at Reedley College and who should show up but Ervin (not sure of the spelling) from Guatemala. He attended our church a few times a year ago when he first arrived to study at Reedley College. He's from Guatemala and, lo and behold, announced that he is from Carcha! He wondered if you have been to a place called, and I hope I remember this right: "las islas." In any case, small world.

Unknown said...

jordo, how do the fried bananas there compare to the "special" ones not far from sina and my place?

Greg said...

I'm glad you still think of the Office and of Seinfeld. You should never forget them. And I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your time there... I should have commented on one of these sooner, but I enjoy reading your updates (as do Kyle and Evan) so keep writing for the faithful few.
Soccer is alright... we are now 3-3 in conference, and even with 15 on the team have a shot at the KCAC tourney.
Keep it up, glad to hear things are good. Miss ya, but know you are doing good work.