Friday, August 1, 2008

Alternative title

I was just listening to the song "Bold as Love" by Jimi Hendrix... a song that has slowly become one of my favorites. Maybe even top ten. It's only big detraction is that I still don't really know what it means, but I think that's ok. Anyways, inspired by the song, I actually made a blog entitled Bold as Love, but then I thought, "wait a second... what if that means something that I don't want it to mean, and I don't even really know what I would want it to mean, and I am just being seduced by a song right now. I should not name a blog I am already embarrassed about making by a name that might be further embarrassing." So I used the handy back button on my computer and created this blog using a boring yet safe title. I think the other blog actually still exists though. oh well.

YOu know, I've noticed that I use the phrase "oh well" a lot and that also happens to be a title of a good Fiona Apple song... hmmmm, do I smell another blog coming on... just kidding. But seriously, might be a good title.

Anyways, three separate people have told me to make a blog (without my asking them if I should) and since then I have brought it up with a few people and they all seem encouraging. I think this is good because now I don't have to write mass emails, which are kind of an interesting genre of letter-writing, but rather difficult. Adam Gaeddert tells me that he simply can't right mass emails. So anyways, this is a good solution that isn't offensive to anybody, and will probably be kind of fun for me. so here goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So your life now warrants the worlds attention WOOT!. I personally would have kept the other blog which is quite active. Its still shows up under your complete profile. I should just make my own blogg underneath your comments to steal some of your thunder! Make sure to take lots of pictures

Unknown said...

i must say it is an interesting sensation that has come over me as i cast my eyes upon this internet blog, the owner of whom is my brother Jordan. it is definitely out of character (that is, to create a blog...the actual writing was vintage jordan) though not entirely and i'd say it was a pretty solid first entry. thinking of you as prepare for guatemala jordo...talk to you soon i'm sure.